Wednesday 19 August 2015

Pantomime Update

The first audition will be on Thursday 27th from 7.30pm. There will be a Bond rehearsal going on alongside and anyone involved with that rehearsal can come to the pantomime rehearsal as and when not required by Lance & Karen.

Hansel & Gretel is not one of the usual pantomimes but is all the better for that. The characters are as follows:

The Forest Fairy
Attrocia the Witch
Karl, a young forester (Principal Boy)
Dame Do-Good
Sir Rupert de Rottweiler, mayor of Pumpernickel
Lucy Locket, the Mayor's Kitchen-Maid (Principal Girl)
Hansel & Gretel, the dame's grandchildren
Potz & Panz, the mayor's bailiffs
Dickie Dimwit, the Dame's beau
Melindra, the Gypsy Queen
Roderigo, a gypsy.

Chorus of Villagers, Fairies, Gingerbread Men, Mice, Servants, Gypsies etc.

The two stand-out roles are the Forest Fairy & Attrocia as there is quite a lot of rhyming dialogue between them.

Melindra and Roderigo are small roles and whoever plays them will also be in the chorus.

If you were in Old King Cole you do not necessarily have to audition, just let me know if you want to be in H&G and the role/s you are interested in, I obviously know your ability from the previous production. I would also hope that if you are unsuccessful in getting a principal role you will still take part in the chorus. With Old King Cole the only disappointing element was the small number of adult chorus members and I hope that this can be rectified this time around.

I am a pantomime traditionalist and would hope to return this time around to the Principal Boy being played by a female.

I intend to double up the roles of H&G each child playing three performances.

I am not yet sure of rehearsal dates and apart from Wednesday's being a no-go area for me, I would rather ensure the use of the most convenient evenings for cast members, so please advise me of your preferred evenings when you audition plus telling me of any dates that you already know you cannot do. Rehearsal will begin during the week commencing Monday 26th October.

Please let me know if you are unable to make the 27th September but wish to audition and I will make alternative arrangements for you.

Regards

Tony Bushell

No comments:

Post a Comment